Thursday, January 05, 2006

YOU KNOW! NOT THE ONE WITH THE TRUMPETS!

When I emerged, twitching and bleary-eyed from my festive recovery yesterday I was amazed to find on the White Town site for all that should wish to download it was the whole of the first White Town single 'White Town' by White Town. Complete with original artwork, no less.

Who? Allow me... "der-dah-de-der-dah-de-der-dah-de-der-dah", "I could never be Your Woman". Them. It was number one in the proper pop charts and everything.

This was of course long after Jyoti and I both agreed it probably wasn't a good idea for me to be in White Town anymore. Let that be a lesson to you all. Sack me at your peril. Just seven short years later you'll have a hit pop record and become fabulously wealthy. Ha! That showed you!

It does make me rhetorically wonder though - how many times do you depart a band that goes on to have a number one hit record? Let me assure you, the answer is hopefully fucking once. Ever.

Anyways, it still sounds young, bright, energetic and everything. The bit on the song 'White Town' where the drums kick in still sends a tingle down my spine 15 years later. That's surely what pop music is all about. Go get it.

Sean, Jyoti & Nick White Town : "Bit more Indie lads,
more Indie, bit more. Lovely lads." [click]

I'm already in trouble, so I may as well shout for TRUFFAUT! to be released. AGAIN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you play on that single (not your woman, the one on the site?)

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

listen mr thatch, you're not the only guitarist to have left white town in 1990, only for them to have a number one hit a mere 7 years later. you know who i am!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home